evolution + spamassassin

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 3 14:21:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 17:33 -0300, "Germán A. Racca" wrote:
> On 04/02/2012 05:19 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 12:54 -0300, "Germán A. Racca" wrote:
> >> Hi folks:
> >>
> >> I always utilized Spamassassin for filtering spam messages in Evolution,
> >> but lately it is not working effectively. It happens in my POP3 account
> >> for my institution email. I have to mark always the same messages as
> >> junk, which is frustrating. Some spam mails get filtered, but others
> >> don't, they always appear as not junk, even though I mark them as junk.
> >>
> >> Does this happens to anyone else? Any help is appreciated.
> >>
> >> All the best,
> >> Germán.
> > Do you have a user_prefs filer in the .spamassassin directory in your
> > home directory. That is needed to control the actions of spamassassin.
> > Look to the spamassassin documentation to see how that works if you
> > don't. On my machine spamassassin is wonderfully effective.
>
> Yes, I have that file, but I never modified it, so I think it should
> work. Or do I have to modify it to really work?
>
> Germán.
It should work but there are things you can modify in the file to
improve its performance. I see you are thinking to switch to Bogofilter.
I have always used spamassassin on a non-server and it works well for
me. But maybe in your environment Bogofillter will work better

One more thing. You have evolution-spamassassin installed and have
configured evolution to use spamassassin?
Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; Men love in haste, but they
detest at leisure. -- George Gordon, Lord Byron, "Don Juan"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net