Mobile 'ish Desktop (Read GNOME 3) vs Traditional Desktop (Read KDE)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Apr 4 04:00:31 UTC 2012

On 04/03/2012 11:47 AM, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor wrote:
> Well,
>
> Which one do you prefer? And Why?

This "either/or" and  this "one size fits all" notion behind it doesn't
make actual sense.

There are use cases where what you call "Mobilish Desktops" are better
suitable and there are use-case where the opposite applies.

My primary Linux use-case is the latter, so I am using a "Traditional
Desktop".

Or yet differently: There are use-cases where a bike is a suiteable
means of transportation, but there are use-cases where you will want to
use a car, truck, plane, train or ship.

Ralf