Wireless firmware missing

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 4 05:23:48 UTC 2012

I have had problems where emails from my Fedora box go missing so am
resending from Ubuntu box.
Please accept my apologies for double posting if this happens.

I sent an email from the Fedora16 box earlier this afternoon about my
daughter's Dell 1545 Laptop - Fedora 16 fresh installation.

I have been struggling with an error message from the Network Manager
F16 which says Wireless --firmware missing.
Google is of no help, there is some info for Fedora 13-14-15 but this is
cryptic, unhelpful and relates to a Broadcom modem.. We have a Thompson
Gateway TG782T.

The Laptop wireless worked well in Ubuntu Oneric but not Fedora 16.
I really need to solve this urgently but have run out of ideas
Can someone please assist
thanks in advance
Roger