NetworkManager connecting during boot

chritallic chritallic at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 4 14:44:14 UTC 2012

Hey,

I've just switched to Fedora and I have an issue that I couldn't solve
myself yet. When I boot my Fedora 16 (x64) system, it takes quite some
time till I can log-in after almost all seems to be setup. According to
the kernel log the reason for this is that NetworkManager (NM) wait's
until it successfully set up a wlan connection. It takes of course even
longer if NM cannot connect to any network.

Is there a way to let systemd finish the initialization without waiting
for NM to finish the establishment of the connection?

I really link having NM negotiating the connection before I log-in, but
on the other hand I can't see any benefits when the boot process is
stopped during that time.

Thank you!

--chritallic