Where can I get a non-netork install DVD for FC16?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Apr 5 23:34:55 UTC 2012

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Bill Davidsen writes:
>
>> I don't get to ask to install anything, I get a pop-up on the screen
>> which says the install needs an active network connection, and won't
>> proceed without it.
>
> Unless I'm losing my mind completely, I'm fairly certain that I updated
> two laptops which do not use a wired ethernet connection, to F16, by
> burning an ordinary DVD image, and booting it up.

Thanks, this is not an update, it's a full install on a machine with a
new hard drive (and some data drives I tell the installer not to use).
At the point where it is about to write the boot sector it asks for a
network connection, which it doesn't have. Tried booting from optical
DVD, tried from DVD converted to USB flash, same behavior.

Did your installs by any chance use wifi instead of wired and do
networking over that? I don't have that option, network install isn't
possible in this case. The only network connection would be over a dial
connection on a BAD rural phone line, and would require setting up an
account to do that.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>