F16: ssh-add: Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Sat Apr 7 07:01:27 UTC 2012

Dear friends,

Just updated to the latest kernel 3.3.1 and rebooted and tried to get
everything going but I get:

$ ssh-add
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
$

What is this supposed to mean? This is perhaps the first time I have
seen this error in almost 15 years on linux. How can I fix it?

Of course, the kernel update may have nothing to do with it. I also
updated  kernel-headers, libtasn1 and taglib at the same time.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan