how to use a mailing-list

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Apr 7 19:36:26 UTC 2012

Am 07.04.2012 21:27, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
> On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 21:20:31 +0200,
>   Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> set reply-to headers is for people who are unable for
>> "reply-to-list" by their bad mail-program or ignorance
>
> Not exactly. The reason people started doing this as people were meaning
> to reply to list messages, but were using the reply to sender function
> they normally used instead of reply to all or reply to list and were
> confused why their messages weren't go to the list. A lot of list owners
> thought that reply-to munging was better option than trying to educate people.

sad enough to see that educate AND reply-to munging does not
help at all - there is really not more you can do as hope
people are starting to think what they are doing

>> please: subscribe to postfix list and press 3 times
>
> Sorry, I am a qmail user, not a postfix user.

this was only a example

it happended 3 times that i pressed "reply all" to the list-owner
and core-developer because it is my normal action since most
of my mail-flow is business-only where it is a must

compared with the reply every single post of my here and
on devel-list is polite - and yes after that i understood
what i did wrong and it does not happen again becasue since
this day i am aware of the difference metween "normal" and list
communication

and yes i can understand wieste each day more and more
i get around 400 mails each day, there is really no need
for duplicate ones and i am not the only person affected

the other ones are mostly too polite and many lost hope
that  educate people will have any effect