how to use a mailing-list

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Sat Apr 7 22:47:32 UTC 2012

On 7 April 2012 23:36, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 08.04.2012 00:28, schrieb Sam Sharpe:
>> All I want is for you to agree that you were wrong to make that
>> initial personal accusation and to get on with you life, stop name
>> dropping Wietse and grow up, you are 34 years old, so start acting it.
>> I only dropped my credentials in there because you called me ignorant
>> by implication, but apparently I'm now ignorant because I work for a
>> big company, even though if you checked you'd see we aren't failing.
>> Ho hum. Good luck with your career.
>
> "initial personal accusation"????

Yes, in this thread you named one particular user in your first
(initial) message. Do you need me to quote it for you?

> why do you think i changed the subject?
> why do you think i changed the subject to a generic one?

I checked back, I don't see you apologising on the thread before you
changed the subject. Could you point that out for me, just for the
record?

> do you not realize that my change of the subject was to generic
> show by a specific eample in the form of some headers
> what is going wrong?

Do you not realise that message threading is via Message-ID,
In-Reply-To and References headers and not via the Subject? Changing
the subject has little relevance to how mail clients thread the
messages. But then I'm guessing you're going to say that's wrong too.

--
Sam