nx

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Apr 9 17:40:59 UTC 2012

Am 09.04.2012 19:31, schrieb Patrick Dupre:
>> i have configured this around 2007 and tend
>> to upgrade/migrate my configurations over years
>>
>> this is a german howto which maybe a little out of date but should
>> with a little "locate"-magic work also these days
>> http://www.rhsoft.net/show_content2.php?s2id=13
>
> I changed to
> freenx-server-0.7.3-23.fc16.i686
> nxclient-3.5.0-7.i386
> nx-3.5.0-5.fc16.i686
>
> but, it does not help.

this can not change anything, as statet NX works at least 5 years now

have you looked at my howto above?
sorry, i have no english one done nor will i

http://www.rhsoft.net/show_content2.php?s2id=13

> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 8867
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
> NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.0.101 on port: 22
> NX> 212 Warning: the RSA host key for 'sophocle'
> differs from the key for the IP address '192.168.0.101'
> Offending key for IP in /home/pdupre/.ssh/known_hosts:3
> Matching host key in /home/pdupre/.ssh/known_hosts:1
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
> NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
> NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
> NX> 204 Authentication failed.

your ssh configuration was not made or is broken

the "authorized_keys"-file of your user must contain
the public key of the nx-user and you need the matching
private key from /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/ configured
in your client

google for "freenx ssh configuration"
one of the first references is http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX