automatic starting of services

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 10 07:40:31 UTC 2012

Am 10.04.2012 06:18, schrieb Danishka Navin:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Tommy Pham <tommyhp2 at gmail.com <mailto:tommyhp2 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'm new to the list and recently started to use Fedora.  How can I
>     have services, such as mysql, started automatically upon boot/reboot?
>     I don't see it in /etc/init.d.
>
> chkcon mysqld on
>
> if you want to check if the service is running on each run level
> use the following command
>
> chkcon mysqld --list

first: "chkcon" does not exists, you mean "chkconfig"

but much more important: in recent fedora versions since systemd is
introduced "systemctl stat/stop/enable/disable mysqld.service"
is what should be preferred and the concept of runlevels in the old
fashion does no longer exists - so we should not educate new users
in thgins that are the past

man systemctl
systemctl --help