Very happy with F17 Beta RC3 but no chkfontpath, needed to install MSFT webfonts...

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Tue Apr 10 08:45:40 UTC 2012

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> I' m running Fedora 17 (beta rc3) and all is well *but* I' m trying to
> get Microsoft webfonts installed as per
> http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc5.html#ttf
>
> However, trying to make the rpm from the .spec file complains about
> missing chkfontpath.
> (it also requires cabextract, ttmkfdir and rpm-build but I was able to
> install those via Yum)
>
> I' ve looked and chkfontpath doesn' t seem to be in the F17 beta repos.
>
> The newest I've been able to find is this for F16
> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/17137652/dir/fedora_16/com/chkfontpath-1.10.1-2.fc16.x86_64.rpm.html
>
> So,any idea why chkfontpath isnt included in Fedora repos? Thoghts?
> Comments? Expletives? ;)
>
> TIA
> FC

I not know why chkfontpath isn't in Fedora repo.

But You can get it from ATrpms repo ( http://atrpms.net/ or e.g.
ftp mirror at ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/atrpms/dl.atrpms.net/ )
(among others interesting packages there is e.g. libdvdcss and others).

Or You may download / build rpm package which use "fc-cache" instead.
How build it is there:
http://fedorasolved.org/Members/khaytsus/improve-fonts

and when in some internet search machine (bingo;) you put
"msttcore-fonts-2.0-3.noarch.rpm" You perhaps obtain some references to
final package.

--
S pozdravem
František Hanzlík

Luční 502           Linux/Unix/LAN/Internet       Tel: +420-377946353
33209 Štěnovice      e-mail:it at hanzlici.cz        Fax: +420-377946353
Czech Republic        http://hanzlici.cz/         GSM: +420-604117319
Tento mail neobsahuje viry, byl odeslán z operačního systému Linux