systemd :: cups.service not working

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 10 09:12:43 UTC 2012

Am 10.04.2012 11:01, schrieb Adrian Sevcenco:
> Hi! I have a problem with starting cups .. i dont know when exactly the problem appeared but i had a good working
> cups ... the thing is that i still have as if i start the cups with the line from cups.service in a root terminal i
> can use my printers without problems ..
> that problem is that
> systemctl enable cups.service  and
> sysctemctl start cups.service does not start cups.

try

systemctl disable cups.service
systemctl stop cups.service
systemctl enable cups.service
systemctl start cups.service

there are in newer fedora versions (you did not say which you are using, if you have upgraded or anything about
your setup) there are cups.path and cups.socket also involved which should be enabled with the above way