You might want to disable Samba until this is patched

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Apr 11 01:04:00 UTC 2012

On 04/10/2012 03:54 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> did you made a bugreport and/or send this to devel-list?
> on fileservers disable samba is not really a option :-)

Agreed.  However, if you have control over all of the machines
connecting to those servers you're probably not risking that much.  If I
read the advisory correctly the problem is that outside machines can use
samba to get root access.  Internal machines should be safe as long as
your good about keeping them updated and don't let them run anything you
haven't checked out.