Changing the login screen background image in F16

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:41:51 UTC 2012

I've looked around and can't find where the Gnome login screen
background image is stored. I want to set it to something different
from the default.

I'm not talking about the desktop wallpaper. as soon as I log-in it's
displayed fine. I'm talking about the background image when the OS
first boots and the Gnome log-in screen is displayed.

All the solutions that came up on Google were for Ubuntu and referred
to an Ubuntu-specific tweak tool. I looked in Gnome-tweak-tool and
couldn't find any option to change this...

Thanks
FC
- George Orwell