[OT] Re: Login on Fedora 17

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Apr 11 21:07:47 UTC 2012

On 04/11/2012 01:45 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> But let's respect the wishes of the list rules enforcers, please. :)

And in writing that, you've completely ignored the reason people get
pointed to the test list and insulted those doing the pointing.

The test list is intended for people who are using the next, un-released
version of Fedora to help one another with issues and find out how to
get everything working.  All of them are using it, at least part of the
time and they're familiar with its issues, quirks and shortfalls.  We
aren't, because the vast majority of us aren't interested in playing
around with beta versions; we're just interested in getting things done
so we stick with the currently supported, officially released versions.
  You don't go to a Linux list to ask Windows questions, so why should
you go to a list for the production versions of Fedora to ask about a
beta version?  To me, and probably most of the people reading this, the
sensible thing to do is to pick a list where the readers are using the
same version you are, and right now, if you're working with F17, that's
the test list.

Believe it or not, like it or not, pointing members asking about F17
toward the test list *is* helping them because it's telling them where
they can get their questions answered.