mount to NFS server 'julie' failed: No route to host

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Apr 12 19:54:13 UTC 2012

On 04/12/2012 11:33 AM, don fisher wrote:
> This one keeps coming back on F16:-( I can ssh to and from the host, so
> part of the system knows it is there. I exported the file systems on
> julie again to make sure that was set up. What can "No route to host" mean?

I have a few questions for you.  They'll probably seem obvious, but I'm
trying to eliminate any possibility of misunderstanding or human error
here.  I'm going to phrase them in the form of statements of what I
presume is happening, so please let me know if any of them aren't correct.

1) You can ssh to julie even when NFS is failing for you.
2) You are referring to the server in exactly the same way both for NFS
and ssh.
3) You have not made any changes to your NFS configuration or to /etc/fstab.

I don't know enough about NFS to suggest what's going on if all three of
those statements are correct, but if they're not, it might tell you just
where to look.  Good luck!