Perhaps this exists already, and if not, it should...

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Apr 13 22:12:51 UTC 2012

Am 14.04.2012 00:07, schrieb Michael Hennebry:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2012, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 17:19:23 -0400,
>> You mean incorrectly. Like when I tried to provide links to html source
>> using a text/plain mimetype and internet explorer disregarded this and
>> treated the pages as html instead based on the URL ending in .html.
>
> Perhaps it be useful to be able to tell a browser --force text/plain

and what do you think is the intention of "Content-Type: text/plain"?
MSIE is simply to stupid to act as standards saying

noobs saying "but MSIE behaves correctly if the server is misconfigured"
does not chnage this fact - a client must not make assumptions in
cases where standards are defining correct behavior