flash updated (11.2 r202) yesterday, strange permissions stuff, no youtube

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:15:03 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> On 04/14/2012 01:03 PM, Joel Rees wrote:
>> Anyone else having issues with this version of flash? -- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202.
>
> No problems at all with flash/youtube on firefox.
>
> However, I'm installing from the adobe-linux-i386.repo and only have system-wide
> files installed...

Well, I just downloaded the tarball once more, and took a look. cmp
says today's tarball is different from yesterdays. Unpacking the
tarball and doing a diff -r reveals that they differ in the contents
of the readme (version goes up from .228 to .233) and the kde library,
/usr/lib/kde4/kcm/adobe/flash_player.so .

So, the versions shouldn't be at issue here. I guess I'll tell my
daughter that youtube is isn't going to work for a few days, until I
get more information, at least.

Adobe's failure to provide cryptographic checksums for those further
undermines my trust in their processes.

--
Joel Rees