Can't kill hung remote CP copy

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Apr 14 19:37:19 UTC 2012

On 04/14/2012 12:13 PM, My Usenet wrote:
> Typically if you need to do a bios reset - then unplugging the battery
> will be helpful.

I take it that you didn't bother to read my original post.  I was
talking about a computer hanging while processing an interrupt with
interrupts disabled.  Not something that's likely to happen because of a
simple page fault or other error, or even at all.[1]  Think of it as a
black swan: something that's not supposed to exist, but does, once in a
great while.  Fixing it doesn't require a BIOS reset, just restarting
the computer, and under the circumstances, that generally requires[2]
pulling the plug.

[1]That's the type of bug that's supposed to be swatted before the BIOS
goes into production.
[2]or did back when I was on the phones