Can't kill hung remote CP copy

Andy Blanchard zocalo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 19:54:21 UTC 2012

On 14 April 2012 20:37, jdow <jdow at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I was about to comment a little more acerbicly that he's obviously a
> youngster.
> Killing power used to be the only way to shut down a locked up computer
> with
> ANY then available OS on it. I remember those bad old days too well.
>
> {^_-}

Shudder.   I remember those days too.

Of course, these days we thankfully have an excellent operating system
available that lets us perform a clean shutdown from all but the most
severe of lockups using a combination of "SysReq" and some other key. :)

--
Andy

*The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe*