F16: Webcam by Logitech (Orbicam) is not working

Tommy Pham tommyhp2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 06:32:02 UTC 2012

>>> http://www.campingmonterosa.com
>>> http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it
>>>

>>> --
>

>> Search for uvc (USB Video Class) driver.  It may support your webcam
>> in question.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Tommy
>

> tnx
>
> I don't understand why on my personal Acer (That is an Aspire5720) uvcvideo
> is loaded....shall I have to try modprobe the driver???

Did you do 'yum search uvc'?  I don't remember the off the top of my
head what packages you'll need but according to [1], it should support
your webcam:
046d:09b0 	Acer OrbiCam (Acer notebooks) 	Logitech

from [1] also:
Linux 2.6.26 and newer includes the Linux UVC driver natively. You
will not need to download the driver sources manually unless you want
to test a newer version or help with development.

the UVC 1.1.1 works for both my Logitech Quickcam STX, Orbit MP, and
Lenovo T420 integrated webcam.

HTH,
Tommy

[1] http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/