red hat?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:19:20 UTC 2012

On 04/16/2012 03:31 PM, jdow wrote:
> On 2012/04/16 12:18, fred smith wrote:

>>> I don't think I've ever tried to get a tee-shirt dry cleaned. It MIGHT
>>> work. Dry clean is a third best to actually washing the clothing in a
>>> suitable detergent. (Best is a phosphate bearing detergent if you can
>>> find one with phosphates in it and really want clean. Ditto for dish
>>> washing, too. That's once a year whether they need it or not, right?
>>> <Sigh - hoists a glass saluting the good old days!>)
>>>
>>> Now, how can we tie this back to Linux? Anybody made a Fedora controlled
>>> washing machine? Why not?
>>
>> tying back to RH: I was specifically thinking of the red fedora when I
>> suggested dry cleaning.
>
> A yes. That would be appropriate, methinks.
>
> (Now I need a little Raspberry PI to monitor the washing machine and drier
> so it can send a wireless message to the computer room telling me the
> laundry
> is done. I like that idea I tossed off at random.)

We computerized huge laundry operations and the owner liked the fact
that he could be on his sail boat using his laptop watching the fill
valves open, drain valves dump and the chemicals being pumped, total run
time and costs from a live HTML page. Nice little niche market. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html