Triple-head with a 2nd (different) gfx card, possible?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 23:22:36 UTC 2012

Hi there,

My current setup includes a PCI-X ATI X1600 board, which its dual DVI+VGA
outputs.
That card has two 19' monitors connected, a DVI one and a VGA-only one,
both LGs.

Now, suppose I don't want to buy another gfx board, but rather connect an
external USB-to-VGA adapters like these:
http://goo.gl/TqchG

Would Fedora recognize the 3rd display (no matter it being much slower due
to the USB 2.0 interface) and put the 3rd screen alongside the other two so
I can move app windows from one monitor to the next?

Or would it be a separate X display because it's handled by a different
driver?
TIA

FC
act