Triple-head with a 2nd (different) gfx card, possible?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 06:02:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 02:49, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <
wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> The docs for that card do mention
> it can drive vga with the appropriate displayport to vga adaptor cables,
> but that sounds like a rather rude and expensive conversion hack at
> ~$20-$30/cable.

Well,my friend (btw: I noticed your profile on your google account that
reads "software janitor" -I'm still laughing-... I think I must be
"software mine-field cleaner" then ;)...

... if you knew that down here in .AR stores are still selling VGA-only
monitors like hotcakes, and that only now store clerks have begun to
understand what DVI is when you ask for one... and that there are almost no
monitors with displayport on the mainstream retail channel... (only in a
few places, 23" or higher, and at a premium price because those are thought
to be for ' professional ' use whatever that means), and that
displayport-to-vga adapters are available but retail for $35-40
greenbacks....

...then I think you' d feel better about your situation. <grin>

Again, thanks for your reply and your help/insight.
FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell