Nvidia Resolution settings ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 20 15:03:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 04:04 -0400, binarynut at comcast.net wrote:
> F17-beta

Wrong list...

> installed kmod-nvidia and blacklisted nouveau .
>
> restarting computer and resolution is so high that characters are so
> small at Desktop you can't see them.

To which the good way to fix up tiny fonts is to specify using a larger
font, not to drop the resolution down on a high-resolution-capable
display.  Though it may well be that you need to, first, have X know
what you resolution actually is, so it produces normal looking sized
fonts, for normal sized font settings (i.e. 12 point fonts ought to look
"so big" on any display, not have variable sizing).

But again, you're posting to the wrong list.  Those who work on the beta
releases may not watch this list at all.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.