Mutter rendering issue

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:40:34 UTC 2012

I am running F16 (Gnome3) on a desktop with an Nvidia GTX-285 GPU (Nouveau)
and AMD FX-8120 CPU. Whenever I use the "expose" function in Gnome Shell
(do not know the precise name, but it is what you get when you either press
the meta key or move the pointer to the top left cornet), rendering is
obviously laggy and teary. I find this strange, and was wondering if there
is some way to tune up the rendering rate for mutter? This used to be
possible in Compiz under Gnome 2 back in the day...it would be helpful to
try and get the visual style set up to a satisfactory level.

--
Best,

Christopher Svanefalk