Fwd: Fedora 16 (x86_64) install fails with checksum error

Robert Hedman rhedman1 at charter.net
Sun Apr 22 22:24:11 UTC 2012

Sorry if this is a duplicate.  Haveing email problems and have not
gotten a confirmation of reciept.

Thanks

Subject: Fedora 16 (x86_64) install fails with checksum error
Date: Saturday 21 April 2012 5:38 pm
From: Robert Hedman <rhedman1 at charter.net>
To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org

I have been trying to install Fedora 16 ( x86_64) from a DVD.   The install
works if only the DVD is used, however there is a problem with updating from
KDE.  When I add the UPDATE repository to the install source list, the
install fails.  I get the following message just after all the packages have
been installed:

There was an error running your transaction for the following reason:
Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums):
konq-plugins.x86_64 0:4.6.1-1.fc15 - u.

I get the same answer on 2 different machines after several (>6) tries.

This problem started within the last couple days.  The last time a similar
install work successfully was 4/18.  It failed on 4/19, 4/20, and 4/21

Bob Hedman