using mirrors in Fedora 14

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 21:42:59 UTC 2012

On 04/23/2012 05:11 PM, Rod McCown wrote:
> You know, I gave a clear enough description of the problem that I've run
> up against here that any of the Unix admins I've talked with that I
> know, didn't have a problem understanding me. And excuse me for not
> upgrading this Fedora dist. regularly, but I do have a life away from
> this computer. I'll get help elsewhere, because I don't respond well to
> arrogance.

I think the issue is that with an old install, that the fixes might just
be in the next upgrade level. Nor can anyone relate to your specific
problem without that version level and kernel installed in order to
trouble shoot it.

I am very familiar with the Christian Bikers and have been on the
receiving end of their generosity. It is on your end to maintain your
system upgrades, as part of participation within another group that
generously gives as well. That got pointed out, although bluntly, so you
could be doing your part for others to assist you. Fedora IS a perpetual
beta test for RHEL, so you do have to keep up or install something more
stable.

"Freely you have received; freely give." In this case, offer a problem
that can be resolved, if not by the group, then with a bug report. You
cannot file a bug report on an EOL install. That is your end of the
Fedora Linux Community bargain. It's kinda like church in that regard,
that they have rules within the family so to speak. That's how I see it
from my perspective. :) Ric

p/s keep up the Good Works
http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html