Which Windows for Virtual Box ? (F16, USB, etc)

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Wed Apr 25 22:25:28 UTC 2012

On 04/25/2012 05:16 PM, linux guy wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Steven Stern
> <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm using Windows XP in Virtual Box, mainly because I had a spare
>> license for it. Â I give it 1.0GB Â and it does OK.
>
> Thanks for sharing that.   I was leaning toward XP.   Which version of XP ?
>
>> Use VirtualBox from Oracle's repo, not the Fedora repos, so you can have
>> USB support.
>
> Please tell me more.

It's XP Pro.  Back in the day, I bought a "partner" package for $400
from Microsoft because it gave me a bunch of licenses for XP, Office
2007 and, in fact, all Microsoft products including the various server
products.  The reason I have the XP virtual machine is so I can use the
Office stuff when necessary and to be able to test websites with
Inertnet Explorer.

--
-- Steve