ACER N281G

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 26 13:37:52 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 18:03 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I picked up an ACER N281G that comes packed with linpus 3.0.0.  It has a
> a network connection, usb ports, and memory card reader, but no DVD.   linpus is
> supposed to be a Fedora based os, I would like to put F16 on this to see
> if it will fly.  I have never used a memory card reader to install an
> os, nor a usb install, nor a network install.  Any recommendations as to how to do this.
>
> Greg Ennis

Goto unetbootin.sourceforge.net

and Download the unetbootin program. I should be at least unetbootin-568

This will allow you to download a copy of Live F16 onto a usb drive,

Boot from this usb drive and then choose the install F16 option (I am
not sure what its name really is but it is something like that) Then
upgrade using yum.

Just booting the Live usb version will tell you if F16 will work on the
hardware.
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence,
it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines." --
Bertrand Russell
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net