f16, vncserver, screen geometry

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Fri Apr 27 17:10:28 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Finally have f16 installed into a xen box.

After some confusion with systemctl I managed to get vncserver hooked up
and started; however, it's config file (/etc/sysconfig/vncservers) seems
to get ignored WRT -geometry.

I use that same file on all of my other fedoras without a hitch.

I did find that I could enlarge the vnc window by using f16's
systemSettings->display but none of the the built-in resolution choices
fit my display full screen: either too small or too large with scroll bars.

Ideally vncserver would honor the -geometry setting in its config file
but since the vncserver window's size can be forced by changing the
display's size it should be possible to add another size to the list of
those available.

I guess this is two questions in one.  1) Has the config file for
vncserver moved or is f16's vncserver implementation broken?  2) Is it
possible to add a custom display size somewhere?  (looking to add
1670x1020).

Thanks for any help,
Mike Wright