"No driver found" when installing F14 to a 2TB drive using netinstall

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Fri Apr 27 20:48:12 UTC 2012

On 04/27/2012 01:32 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 27.04.2012 22:29, schrieb Mike Wright:

>>> why in the world are you installing NOW Fedora 14 which is
>>> EOL, get no longer any security updates and even Fedora 15
>>
>> Gnome 3? hahaha.  Now laugh, Reindl ;)
>
> i am KDE user

Starting to sound like a smart choice.

> don't get me wrong - installing a non supported OS these
> days is simply idiotic - please do not connect it to the
> internet because infected machines are typically used
> to attack machines from people who care about security
>
> what is your plan?
> staying at F14 forever?
>
> GNOME2 will never come back - switch to another DE
> or install CentOS to have some years a GNOME2 OS with
> security updates

Please do chill out, Reindl.  I'm about as paranoid as they come and do
not take security mindlessly.  Using a system with which I am unfamiliar
and whose new control systems baffle me would seem to make me a major
candidate as a target by those more familiar with it than I.

Regardless, I always appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Mike Wright