"No driver found" when installing F14 to a 2TB drive using netinstall

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Apr 27 21:14:46 UTC 2012

Am 27.04.2012 23:06, schrieb Mike Wright:
> On 04/27/2012 01:57 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> Starting to sound like a smart choice.

>>> Please do chill out, Reindl.  I'm about as paranoid as they come and do not take security mindlessly.  Using a
>>> system with which I am unfamiliar and whose new control systems baffle me would seem to make me a major candidate
>>> as a target by those more familiar with it than I.
>>
>> the core-system is exactly the same, systemd is no rocket science
>
> Says who, Werner von Braun?
> I've been trying to get vnc geometry working within the systemctl methodology for two days.  LOL
> Signed, not a rocket scientist. as always, thank you.

and why are you not simply copy the vnc at .service to /etc/systemd/systemd/vnc.service and
change it to a simply "ExecStart" with your needed params like i did with openvpn months
ago which has the same "syndrome" with openvpn@?

you have even much more options as with sysv-init-scripts which are permanently
overwritten and much more complex - how would you do things like below
with sysvinit ina clean way?
_________________

cat /etc/systemd/system/openvpn.service
[Unit]
Description=OpenVPN
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking

ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/openvpn --mktun --dev tap0
ExecStartPre=/sbin/ifconfig tap0 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ExecStartPre=/sbin/ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0 promisc up
ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/brctl addbr br0
ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/brctl addif br0 eth1 tap0
ExecStartPre=/sbin/ifconfig br0 ****** netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast ****** up
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/openvpn --daemon --cd /etc/openvpn/ --config openvpn.conf
ExecStartPost=-/sbin/sysctl -e -p
ExecStartPost=-/sbin/sysctl -e -w net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables=0
ExecStartPost=-/sbin/sysctl -e -w net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables=0
ExecStartPost=-/sbin/route add -net ****** netmask 255.255.255.0 gw ****** dev eth0

ExecStopPost=/sbin/ifconfig br0 down
ExecStopPost=/usr/sbin/brctl delbr br0
ExecStopPost=/usr/sbin/openvpn --rmtun --dev tap0
ExecStopPost=/sbin/ifconfig eth1 ****** netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast ****** up

Restart=always
RestartSec=1

[Install]