what does this file mean? C\:\\nppdf32Log\\debuglog.txt

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 10:56:53 UTC 2012

On 29 April 2012 05:20, Darlene Wallach <freepalestin at dslextreme.com> wrote:
> What does this file mean? I don't understand how I got it in my home directory
>
> Thank you
>
> Darlene Wallach
>
> $ cat C\:\\nppdf32Log\\debuglog.txt

It was only last week that I realised I had that file in my home
directory. I do have Acrobat Reader installed, but I have had it for
ages, so why is it that only recently the file
"C\:\\nppdf32Log\\debuglog.txt" appeared on my home directory?
Something changed, most likely in Acrobat Reader, though it could also
be in Firefox or Seamonkey.

Last week when I found the file I deleted it, and today it was there
again. I deleted it again, googled for a PDF within FF, opened it
within FF, and presto, "C\:\\nppdf32Log\\debuglog.txt" reappeared. I
am using Acrobat Reader  v. 9.5.1 03/07/2012 and the most recent
versions of FF (12) and Seamonkey (2.9) (all upstream Linux builds).
Anyway it is good to know this is not malware, so I am not
particularly bothered.