Odd email errors

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 19:05:12 UTC 2012

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     That's the odd part.  The server that's producing those errors
> CAN resolve that host just fine.  Note, that hostname has several
> round robin IPs, except I have not been able to get the .73.26 one
> that you came up with:

There are a whole load of weird things that can be done with DNS,
including returning different IP addresses to servers in different parts
of the world so most people get IP addresses that are relatively close
to them. If the servers send and receive a lot of traffic (and this IS
Gmail we’re talking about), not using intercontinental bandwidth
unnecessarily can keep Google’s bandwidth bill down.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "I would like to apologise to the relatives of the fan
aprilcottage.co.uk | who gave me 29 books to sign in Odyssey 7, Manchester.