Japanese keyboard: Fedora 15 KDE

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Apr 30 00:55:32 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 08:45 AM, jonetsu wrote:
> OK, got it.  Japanese (kana) is chosen.  Keyboard is jp(kana).  But
> still, looks like and types like the same keyboard as usual.
>
> カテタチトスカンイシ

Unless you have a real Japanese keyboard there is no need to change the keyboard type.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean....but let me give an example.  Let's say you want
to type "Shibuya".

Using a konsole or terminal application.....

You'd activate the Anthy input method.  Then you'd type "shibuya".  You'd see シブヤ
outlined in white.  Then you'd hit the space bar and you'd see 渋谷 with a white
background.  If that is what you want you hit return.  If you are not happy with the
selection you hit the space bar again and will get a dialog box with choices.

Does that help?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage