How do I turn off graphical boot

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Apr 30 04:14:44 UTC 2012

Date sent:      	Mon, 30 Apr 2012 00:03:03 -0400
From:           	Fedora User <fedoradch at gmail.com>
To:             	users at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject:        	Re: How do I turn off graphical boot
Send reply to:  	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:16:36 +0200
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 07:06, Fedora User <fedoradch at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > F16. Anyone?
> >
> > remove the rhgb from the kernel command line.

You need to modify the /etc/default/grub

I believe that contains the default command line used by the
script.

> That was my first thought. The problem is that grub.cfg is produced by
> a template via grub2-mkconfig. And, of course, there is no manual page
> for grub2-mkconfig.
>
> Not to go off on a rant but grub worked perfectly. There is no value
> added with grub2 - just complexity. It's programming for the sake of
> programming.
>
> And just WHY would any Linux user NOT want to see what is happening
> when the system boots? More programming and complexity that adds
> ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
>
> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        12163926.442547   |   EINSTEIN     7771226.629852
ROSETTA      4486285.960848   |   ABC         12629817.195420