Fedora 17 cannot boot on my pc...

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Thu Aug 2 10:32:42 UTC 2012

Στις 2/8/2012 12:04, ο/η Heinz Diehl έγραψε:
> On 02.08.2012, Georgios Petasis wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the tip, I search for this option and seems to relate to nvidia
>> nforce 2 chipsets, but I also
>> get a lot of references for gigabyte boards, i.e.:
> [....]
>
> The problem is related to the APIC timer interrupt, the CPU goes into enhanced
> halt state (C1E) but is not able to wake up. See AMD erratum #400 and what
> acpi_skip_timer_override actually does. See also
> /arch/x86/kernel/process.c.
>
> My personally advice is that you don't use C1E at all, but if you like
> to, acpi_skip_timer_override will most probably fix it for you.
>
> Have you tried?

Yes, I have tried and it does work.
So, this is a processor bug? I would expect that Linux should detect
these automatically...

So, my AMD 920 cpu is not only slow, it has also some errata
incompatible with Fedora. Nice :D

Thank you for pointing to acpi_skip_timer_override option...

George