Files of type .abw start weirdly in KDE

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Aug 2 12:05:37 UTC 2012

On 08/02/2012 07:44 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 15:22 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> I can recreate your issue if I move Firefox to the top and hit apply.
>> If AbiWord is a the top.  Why not move it, hit Apply, then move it
>> back, and hit Apply.
> I can't imagine any reason why you'd want Firefox to be in the open-with
> list, at all.  I'd remove it.

It is down on the list, so it isn't a bother.

> I can imagine how it might get there, if you downloaded such a file, at
> some stage, and picked an option to try and open it with Firefox.

No.  This is a test VM that hasn't been doing much of anything...and certainly no downloading.  As a matter of fact, I'd not even used firefox on it.

So, somewhere along the way an install process put in the definitions.   I really don't care to find out what did it.  I'd be more interested in fixing the OP's problem.