Does Spamassassin junk processing work for anyone under evolution?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Aug 3 18:37:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 10:34 -0400, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 21:23 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 21:16 -0400, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > Beforwe I file a bugzilla does spamaswsassin Junk processing work
> > for
> > > anyone under evolution?
> >
> > I'm not quite sure.  I have evolution-spamassassin and evolution-rspam
> > installed.  I can filter junk, but I can't enable the spam reporting
> > plugin.
> >
> The question is when you receive mail doews the spam automatically end
> up in the Junk folder? It does not on my machine?
> And this has never happened before. I mean in earlier fedora versons.

Ah.  The answer is, yes.  It works on my Exchange EWS account and on my
POP3 account.  For some definition of "works".  Some junk is not caught
and some non-junk is caught.  There is no junk in my Gmail account, but
I don't get much spam there.

To turn it on for an account, Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Accounts ->
<select account> -> Edit -> Receiving Options, then check "Check new
messages for junk contents".  My POP account doesn't offer a junk filter
option, so that might be happening at the host.

Also configure global junk processing in Edit -> Preferences -> Mail
Preferences -> Junk.

I still can't get spam reporting working, but I suppose that's another
thread.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Math Sciences