kernel-headers downgrade failure

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:09:03 UTC 2012

On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:16:31 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> my point was that i am testing many fedora-packages often long
> before updates-testing is seeing them and it doe snot help
> much if maintainers say "hm bugreport, however i push to stable"
>
> and YES the 3.5.x currently in F17 stable is a problem
> 3.4.7 for F16 is a security update
>
> so until someone knows what is going wrong in 3.5 the
> right decision would have been build 3.4.7 for F17 too
> instead psuh blindly 3.5 out - and after such decisions
> someone is wondering why people start ranting?

Ranting alone isn't helpful. While it may be that somebody reads your
messages, it could be more productive to talk to Fedora QA and find out
what they think about the issue --> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA

If you can hold your horses, you might even try to mail Adam Williamson
privately.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.5.0-2.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.32 0.33 0.23