Firefox install-problem

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sat Aug 4 20:54:45 UTC 2012

Heinz Diehl wrote:
> Firefox, built from .srpm from F17-updates repository, fails to install:
> This is the error-message which shows up:
>
> "Unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox;501bceec: cpio: Digest mismatch"
>
> The package is original Fedora and not altered in any way. Extracted
> it, ran "rpmbuild -bb" on the .spec file, and the built was ok.
>
> Does anybody know what's the cause or where to look?

Even though the build was OK, you still might want to do a memtest of
your system. (You can do that from Fedora live media, if you have any:
it’s an option on the boot menu. You can probably do it from a normal
Fedora install DVD, but I don’t have one around to check at the moment.)

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | When did you last back up your system?
aprilcottage.co.uk |