Moonlight/Silverlight addition for Linux Firefox?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 19:10:17 UTC 2012

On 05/08/12 19:57, Edward M wrote:
> Paul Erickson wrote:
>> http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/channel/obs12/watch/waterpolo.html
>>
>> Will be interested in your experience.
>

>    Hello,
>
>    I get a blank, grey screen. I  suspect  the content is encoded with
> digital rights management (DRM) stuff.

As above, but I suspect lack of development of moonlight:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlight_%28runtime%29
<quote>
Shortly after the April 2011 release, Attachmate, parent to developer
Mono, laid off an undisclosed number of Mono employees[19] and announced
a deal with startup Xamarin.[20] At that time, Xamarin CEO Nat Friedman
affirmed their commitment to the Moonlight project; however, there have
been no outward signs of any further development since the new
partnership. Their published road map is quite out of date and
previously active release schedule (including nightly builds) has
completely ceased since the new partnership was formed.[21]
</quote>

--
Regards,
Frank