failed f16 preupgrade, now stuck in grub2 rescue, can't exit

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 6 05:02:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 00:44 -0400, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> I'd go "old school" and get a DVD burned iso image and install it THAT
> way, at least THIS way, you'd be assured of getting the LATEST version
> of Fedora without any glitches to your install.

To avoid being misleading, I'll point out that installing from the DVD
ISO does not give you the "latest version."  You need to apply updates,
for that to happen.  Either post-install, or by selecting appropriate
options while installing (adding update repos, though this may not work
for some people - if they have networking issues during the install).
There has been many package updates since the DVD ISO was created.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.