vmlinuz

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 6 11:43:38 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 22:37 -0700, Richard Vickery wrote:
> is it possible to use an image from another user

Maybe...

If I recall correctly, it's custom-built for your computer's hardware
when the kernel is installed, including the things you need for your PC
to boot.  It mightn't have what someone else needs to boot up, or may
boot up but be lacking something important (such as no working network
hardware, or drivers for all your disc drives, et cetera).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.