Cargo Cult sysadmining

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 7 04:19:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 13:06 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> It looks like I may have created a new use of Cargo Cult, based on
> Cargo Cult Programming.

Like a lot of words, the interpretation depends on the person.  Some see
"cargo cult" as some sort of ritual that must be done for some reason.
Other's see it as things that people habitually do without any good
reason, in a monkey see, monkey do, fashion.  By the time the clueless
have seen umpteen /I install this, disable that, configure this/ posts,
they just blindly do the same thing, thinking that it's necessary.
That, or they've habitually done the same things over prior releases,
and keep on doing them unthinkingly.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686