boot: linux text => "Could not find kernel image: linux"

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Aug 7 14:17:50 UTC 2012

On 08/07/2012 09:23 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
> I could do, assuming I had both to hand.  Can someone then explain why
> the 'linux' command to boot works (assuming the documentation is
> correct) on the install DVD, but not the Live DVD? So far as I can see
> that should be the name of the image that gets started. Rather than
> trying to compare them side by side and guess I was hoping someone who
> knows could actually explain what processes are going on here.

Download them?

Anyway I really don't see the point in this line.  The LiveCD is *different* than the Install DVD.

If you boot the LiveCD, then hit esc to get to the boot prompt you can type "linux0 text" and all that will do is boot the LiveCD image since that is the way the CD is designed.

There isn't an option to do an Install from the LiveCD in the same manner as from the DVD.  I suppose I could see how you may get that impression from the documentation link you've provided.  Feel free to propose a correction to the documentation.