Fedora 17 boot problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Aug 7 16:37:32 UTC 2012

    I've just installed F-17/64/XFCE on what was an F-16/64 computer.

    Initially everything worked as expected, it updated without a hitch.
    I was making my usual configuration changes, rebooted and now it
    stops just before the login screen. blank with just "Can not open
    font file True"

    At this point I could reinstall but would lose an hours work and the
    bandwidth required for the update.

    In rescue or whatever it's called I can see that the last change I
    made has no typos, [10-evdev.conf to fix the copy paste problem].

    Any idea what I can do next?

    Bob

    --
    http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD