resolv.conf ??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 7 18:51:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-07 at 12:22 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Doing this will probably break wifi connections that lock you down
> until you visit their captive web page when you authenticate and/or
> agree to a usage policy.

And using your ISPs when they implement a similar approach (redirecting
all outgoing requests to their web server on a LAN IP, instead of an
internet IP) for things like authorising exceeding your download limit.

They presume all their clients use their DNS servers, and that their
little trick will work without flaws.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686