Cargo Cult sysadmining

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Aug 7 19:21:13 UTC 2012

On 08/07/2012 11:23 AM, jdow wrote:
> Repeating
> precisely the same actions and expecting different results is
> foolish, and getting different results is frightening.

AIUI, constantly repeating the same actions and expecting different
results is part of the original cargo cults, but in that case, the
participants think that if they get all of the details exactly right, it
will work, so it's questionable if they're doing the same thing over and
over or not.  I've taken to referring to the practice as the Bullwinkle
Syndrome: "This time, for SURE!"